Read On Chandler
Read on Chandler is a collaborative of community organizations and businesses committed to ensuring that every child, birth through 5, obtains the necessary literacy and readiness skills to be successful in school and read by third grade.
Read On Chandler has designated the 85224 and 85225 ZIP codes as an “innovation neighborhood” and set the goal that, within five years, 70% of students in these more vulnerable areas will enter school with their first kindergarten assessment scores at literacy benchmarks.
Working collectively, partners are focused on:
- Increasing community awareness, engagement, and advocacy through quality literacy opportunities and tools.
- Implementing evidence-based literacy strategies and promising practices to increase school readiness.
- Developing critical financial and non-financial support for school readiness and early literacy.
- Azcend Family Resource Center
- Chandler Care Center
- Chandler Chamber of Commerce
- Chandler Education Foundation
- Chandler Public Library
- Chandler Unified School District
- City of Chandler
- Sun Lakes Rotary Club
- Valleywise Family Resource Center