Read On Sahuarita
Read on Sahuarita, a Read On Tucson partner, provides literacy resources to families, parent education, and professional development for early education professionals to increase their skills in preparing children for Kindergarten. Through My Summer Library, a summer learning loss intervention, and Imagination Library, children from 0-8 in Sahuarita/Green Valley, Arivaca, Sasabee, Amado and Three Points receive books for their home libraries, and parents and their preschool aged children participate in weekly story time in Sahaurita/Green Valley. Numerous other support services are also available resources in the region, such as Reach Out and Read, a program of book distribution during well visits at physicians’ offices/clinics and literacy support for families, children and caregivers in childcare centers provided by Read On partner Make Way for Books.
- First Things First
- Joyner-Green Valley Public Library
- Literacy Connects/Reading Seed
- National Civic League United Community Health Center
- Sahuarita-Green Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Sahuarita Parks & Recreation Dept.
- Sahuarita Public Library
- Sahuarita Unified School District
- Town of Sahuarita
- United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona
- Valle Verde Rotary Club